Thursday, December 18, 2014

Color Your World

Welcome to my Thursday post for One Crazy Stamper, and today I have a quick and simple tutorial to share with you using your Copic Markers.  Back when I first started my Copic addiction I remember someone telling me that you could use the markers to add color to photographs, so today I played and LOVE the finished result.  Amazingly easy to do and the results are gorgeous.  Here's the before and after photos.
 
 
The photos were printed on pearl (matt) paper.  Start with lighter colors - you can always add a darker color after.  The colors do not blend so just start light.

 
Adding more colors.

 
The above photo is the finished product, while the below photo shows the original with no retouches.

 
Below is the same photo printed in full color.

 

Now that I have tried this technique I think I can see more black and white photos in my future!  Love the finished look that highlights just the items that are important in a photo and it was so quick and easy to achieve.  Try it out and let me know what you think!

6 comments:

  1. This is an awesome idea Shari. I new use for Copic Markers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never knew that! what an awesome technique and opens the door for a whole new use for my Copics!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shari - what an amazing technique! Thanks for sharing it :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. CRAZY AWESOME..I HAVE TO TRY THIS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really cool. I didn't know you could do this with Copics. Guess what I am gonna try....lol.. Thanks for sharing this awesome Technique.
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete