Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Fun with Embossing Folders and Stencils

Hi All;

This is my last post for this month's Creative Inspiration here at OCS.  Today, I have a card as well as a project showing what creative fun can be had using embossing folders and stencils and various types of medium.  As this a bit long, why not have a coffee or tea while you read this and hopefully gleam some inspiration and ideas.

This is the finished card that I made using the Butterfly Swirl (Ecstasy Crafts), used with the following Inka Gold colours: Apricot, Rose Quartz, Mint Green and Platinum.  Now, I will show you how I reached this finished product and what I played with before deciding to use this for my card.


I used the Foundry (Provo Craft), Winter Chill (Ultimate Crafts) and Butterfly Swirl (Ecstasy Crafts) Embossing Folders.


For the Foundry embossing folder, I used my finger to add Copper and Platinum Inka Gold and then added some Gold 3D Stamp Paint over it with a dabber.


Unfortunately, the glitter from the Gold 3D Stamp Paint by Viva Decor isn't showing up very well in the photo. 

For the Winter Chill embossing folder, I used the Ice Blue Inka Gold and then added some Glitter Ritz Cool Highlight over top. 


For the Butterfly Swirl (Ecstasy Crafts), I did two samples: one using Inka Gold (the card) and the other one using the Prima Resist Chalk Edges in the following colours:  Pastel Green, Pastel Yellow, Pastel Peach, Pastel Blue and then added some Clear Wink of Stella over top.


For the Stencils, I used All Stars (Memory Box), Spring Flowers and Brick Wall both from My Favourite Things.

For the All Stars (Memory Box), I used Metallic Melon and Gold Gelatos. I used stencil tape to keep the stencil flat on the paper and used a paint brush to add the colours.


For the Spring Flowers stencil from (My Favourite Things), I added Apricot, Mint Green and Ice Blue Inka Gold as a background, which didn't quite turn out as I wanted it to.  I then taped the stencil over the background and used the Pastel Peach and Pastel Purple Prima Resist Chalk Edgers and then added Gold and Silver Atyou Spica Glitter Pens for the centres of the flowers. 


For the Brick Wall another My Favourite Things Stencil, I used cork instead of paper and Ranger Distress Ink Fired Brick, which worked out really well. 


I hope this has given you some ideas to play with.  The majority of these items can be found at Lora's OCS store. 

Until next time, be creative and have some fun.




2 comments:

  1. Sue, what awesome techniques! A few of these are products I'm not that familiar with, so it's great to see what they're like. Your stencilling on cork idea is brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful card using different techniques, thanks for sharing them with us. Sometimes we forget to use some of the supplies and products we have in our craft room.

    ReplyDelete