Monday, December 13, 2010

Glittery Cardinal Scene


I'm so excited to share a creation with you today! There are so many fun things available in the store....and I used a bunch of them on this card!

1. Stamp the Cardinal Scene from Stampendous on acetate with black Stazon ink.



2. Flip the image over and color with Copic Markers on the back of the acetate. Your coloring will not be perfect...but it will look fine once the image has been glittered.



3. Run your trimmed image through a Xyron machine, colored side down, so the sticker is applied to the back of the image and burnish it well.



4. Apply Art Institute Glitter to the sticker. I used a white color for my snow scene.



5. Run the image through the Xyron machine again, glitter side down and burnish well.



6. Apply image to a piece of light blue cardstock for a slight blue tint and trim.



7. Mat with black cardstock.



For the card panel, I used my Scor-Pal to add some embossed detail to the card. I wanted a section of my panel left plain so that I could stamp my sentiment.

1. Stamp sentiment from Popcorn the Bear Christmas Collection in Memento Tuxedo Black ink.



2. Lightly score a line where you want your vertical stripes to end above your sentiment.



3. Flip your panel over and score it so that the embossing pops to the front of the card.



4. Turn your panel and carefully score your stripes in the width you desire.



I finished my card off with a black mat, some snowflake punches and glitter dots.



Don't forget to join us in our challenge this month! Use a stamp that is sold in the One Crazy Stamper site and make a Christmas card! Post your card HERE and then be sure to check out all of the awesome inspiration!!



Also...be sure to enter to win some awesome blog candy....HERE!!

Michelle Pearson - Inspiration Blooms

3 comments:

  1. Now how pretty is that. I can just imagine that this card in the real is stunning! Very nice job! Cheers, Lora Sinkler-Lake www.onecrazystamper.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty Michelle!!!
    Hugs~
    Dana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome card. I will have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete